Monday, March 5, 2012

Houston Rodeo and Big Time Rush

The Rodeo is kind of like Mardi Gras. The local native Houstonians know the ropes but newbies take forever to figure it out. There are many volunteers, there is a system of who's who, there are little customs that no everyone knows about. I always enjoy diving into this and trying to learn more about it. The adults that know who grew up here in Houston have so many memories of concerts, 4H, rodeo competitions,and the carnival with all of it's games , rides and foods, oh and don't forget the livestock show with everything! Three weeks or so packed with all kinds of fun and memories. Our teens have been making the most of it going to several concerts but the whole family got the enjoy a very special day at the Rodeo.

The kids all watch Nick show called "Big Time Rush" and it features a band by the same name, much like the "Monkees" was in the 60s.  The show is silly but you feel like you get to know the band members.  When the kids heard BTR were coming and they all wanted to go.  Dad decided that this would be a fun family outing. I backed out because it would have been way too much walking for this mom and her twins.  So Kat took my place.  The whole group was there, even Pooker.




























They had a blast.  I hear the concert was wonderful and brought a few of the girls to tears. I also hear the best part was that they were all together for the day!
Happy Rodeo People!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!
    My two oldest girls (ages almost 20 and 18) LOVE Big Time Rush and just went to their concert here in Detroit. I have seen the TV show and it does remind me of the Monkees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful family - I bet you all have so much fun together! Looks like you will have a lot of good help when your twins come too! Right?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am counting on their help. They really are great kids. I have been very blessed.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.