Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mom's Birthday Joy

Do you see what I saw on Tuesday night? Big huge flakes of beautiful snow. I just know it was part of a wonderful birthday surprise that God sent to me on the eve of my birthday. We were on our way to to have dinner at Olive Garden to celebrate with the family.
I just can't believe that we had any snow falling this late in the season here in Houston. It was so pretty.
We (the younger 8 children and I) arrived and Dad and Pooker were already sitting. Pooker from school and Dad from a business trip. The place was almost empty, I suspect the weather had many people staying at home. I was in such a good mood. I didn't have to cook dinner and it was snowing.
We had finished a great day of homeschooling. Everyone felt joyful. We all love the salad and bread sticks that were to come. Yummy!!!
Bagel was is so cute in this picture. She is working on coloring while she waits for the treats ahead. After dinner the fun began. The kiddos had a cake brought to me with singing. I was a tad embarrassed. The kids liked watching me squirm.
This was shot taken my Bear and he captured my joy of this delicious cake put in front of me. We all got a small piece and it was so good.

It really was a great time with my dear husband and wonderful children.

We laughed and talked and enjoyed being together as a family.

This was the perfect gift to any mother alive. Her family with her sharing and enjoying each other.

I feel so blessed.

On my birthday we all slept in and then enjoyed a light school day. Goobers and Bear and I went off for Catholic Coffee Club. Most of the teens showed up and it was a good class. Two dear friends brought me a treats to share, a cookie cake and big old chocolate cake. Those gifts we all enjoyed and brought the leftovers home to the children at home. So much fun! Thank you God for all the wonderful friends in my life. I am so blessed!

5 comments:

  1. Shannon,

    What a sweet and beautiful birthday post! I imagine dining out with a large family is limited if not by finance than by simple logistics in and of itself! Makes restaurants that more special, I imagine!

    Also, I love your blogger pic...with your Ashes. That minister (or Father) did a great job making the sign of the cross! All too often, I just have a huge smudge symbol...next thing you know I'm at the grocery store and someone's wanting to wipe my forehead! LOL

    Anyway, so glad that you got to see snowflakes on your birthday...it's been a wild and crazy winter for sure here in the southern plains!

    Blessings to you,
    Val

    P.S. Thanks for your sweet message on my blog; Mary Catherine really did love making her own valentines this year! But you are the perfect example of what I was saying...there's all sorts of creative things to do on the computer...I just don't know how...YET! I have no doubt my little ones will soon be teaching me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val sent me! and I'm so glad she did, because your joy is infectious!!

    Blessings from the farm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! It looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a great birthday...sounds like it topped last year's celebration, although that was pretty doggone fun, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.