Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Can't Even Imagine

I write this as I sit in bed cuddled up to my Jumba. I have spent the night waking and being so thankful to hear him breathe. He woke hours ago with a leg cramp or growing pain. I joyfully held him as I rubbed his legs and rocked him. You see I am just so happy to have him right now that nothing else matters. I am so blessed.

One of Jumba's friends, his peer in our homeschool group drowned this week. This young man was the little one from a large family. They homeschool and all adored their little one just as we adore Jumba. This young man was a month older than Jumba. He was just 2 1/2 years old. The group had given us a a joint baby shower years ago. This mom and I have shared how much fun it is to be lost in the laundry while hearing the family play in the back ground. She is one of the only mom's out there that can truly relate to many aspects of my life. We have so much in common.

The older brothers are in our Catholic Coffee Club, the children are always at our PE days, Nature Study and Fine Art Classes. This family has been there for us and brought us meals when we lost David. We are now struggling with how to be there for them now.

I imagine that she would give anything to have her little one keeping her up with a kick here and there as he tries to sleep. She longs to rub his legs and offer him comfort. Her heart must be broken. I don't know any other way to describe what I feel for her.

My family will now prepare for another funeral. We will try to remain joyful knowing that this little man is truly resting with the angels. We will try to focus on all the goodness that this family is blessed with. My children will try to not get lost in how we would fight, blame each other and lose hope if it was our family. Instead we will focus on prayer for this family and thanksgiving for another soul joining the communion of saints. We are headed to Mass to offer the only comfort we can think of at this moment.

We beg you to hug your children and give them all the love you can muster. Pray for this family.

This was taken over a year ago of this young one. I suspect that he is playing catch with the angels now. I beg you to join me in praying for this family. The siblings blame themselves, each other. The parents blame themselves, wishing the nightmare would go away. God can be found even in this pain. For that I am postitive! Please just pray that we all find Him and not the world of guilt and pain. May his precious soul Rest in Peace as he now prays for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.