Friday, October 23, 2009

Who made you?

Most Catholic homeschooling moms are familiar with the Baltimore Catechism. It is recommended in almost every teaching program as the backdrop for elementary faith study. I remember memorizing the first 20 in my days in second grade to prepare for 1st Holy Communion. There is a comfort in those familiar words.

Q. Why did God make you?
A. God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to
serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him for ever in heaven.




I love the faith books that we are using this year. I often switch it up an
do all kinds of things. We often read from the Bible and do reflections. This year I went with a well used and much loved program called Faith and Life series. They are based in the the Catechism. I love that they put the questions in context with scripture and beautiful art work. Great books. Simple but wonderful at starting conversations about the faith. Love the
time with the books.

Pickle finished his schoolwork and was very proud of what he did. He turned to Jumba and tried to share his knowledge with his baby brother. It made me laugh at his response. He didn't pause, he didn't say huh? He just answered with conviction.

Pickle: Hey Jumba, who made you?
Jumba: Barney!

1 comment:

  1. That's too funny an answer! Barney is very important to toddlers isn't he. Nice post.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.