Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Now Matter How Small



A baby in this house is loved. I think it is a love that many in the world would like to feel. It is complete, it is unconditional, it is given from the very beginning. I watch my children interact with each other and know that the love they show each other is rare. I believe it is the love we are called to in the Bible. We are far from a perfect example of God's love. They fight, they push, they shove, they argue for no reason. Mom and dad are around to keep those arguments to a minimum. My point is not to make them appear above the normal temptations that all children face. Instead I want to point out that at the end of the day the underlined motivation is love.

A baby is loved even from the moment we mention that we might be pregnant. The joy that is expressed is extremely hard to describe. It is contagious. The idea that God might send more to love to this house draws each one the the true core of their own existence. There is a new baby giggle that can be heard all around. This is a joy that can not be contained.

If you don't live close you would not have heard those giggles but they have been a part of our home for the past six weeks. We have been overjoyed that God blessed us with another one. This little one came into being around St. Patrick's day and we shared our news with the family on Divine Mercy Sunday. Pickle's Holy Communion was shared with the news of our newest member that would be due on Christmas Eve.

That has all changed today as we learned that little David Patrick was not to be with us that long. Our hearts have broken as we learned that he was called to Heaven. We all longed to hold him, to kiss him, and play with him. All of that will have to wait. Today we mourn him, knowing that someday we can embrace him in the Resurrection.

If you read this blog on a regular basis you know that it is a scrap book of sorts of this family and their adventures. This is a big event but few words are appropriate here. We thank you for sharing in our joy of this life even if it was for a such a short time. Please offer a prayer for us as we heal.

David Patrick we all love you long to meet you in the Communion of Heaven. David Patrick, pray for us!

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful example your family is, of how we are all to live. You are all so trusting and loving and accepting of God's will and love always. I just want you to know that we have all learned so much from the example your family has set for us. David Patrick pray for us! We love you guys! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shan, I am so touched by your post today. And while I know that you and your family have such a deep love and faith in Christ, I also know that you are human, and hurting. Nothing I can say can lessen your pain and loss, but please know that I am praying for you and your entire family.

    Ironically, I just posted about fertility on my blog tonight. I know that even if we do not add a 3rd precious child to our family, we have 5 perfect souls in Heaven watching over us.

    Praying for you,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are a wonderful person! I was so touched by your post! I'm new here and know I'm praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss! God's blessings and healing for you and your family! St. David Patrick, pray for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, you are in our prayers! I'm so sorry for your loss. We love you! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. O Shan.....I'm crying because I just read your post. I'm sorry I've been busy these past few weeks and have not been reading the blogs....I wish I was there to hug you all. You are in our prayers as always! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart is with you as you heal from this trauma of life. What a testament you have shown to the value of life. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shannon,
    I'm SO sorry! I had not read your blog in sometime and hear I so rudely inquired of you last week. I feel awful! Please forgive me for my ignorance. I apologize!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.