Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Memorial Day full of family Memories

So it was Memorial Day, and we are so thankful for the freedoms that we have in this country.  Prayers of thanksgiving for all those whose lives have been lost in defense of this beautiful country.  
One way that families celebrate the freedom is to have a summer opening party at the pool.  I stayed home and rested while Bear with the help of Goobers, Sugar and Pooker had a party with some of the neighbors, his siblings and some friends from church.  Dad joined the party to BBQ and bring the younger kiddos.  They all had a great morning and mid afternoon,I was very thankful for some time to rest. 
Bear



Bagel

Possible with neighbor friends

Sugar with neighbor L

Bear and Pickle

Pickle

Jumba wearing a big boy jammer


Lifeguard Bear
Friends from Church

Lifeguard Goobers

Princess

This time was wonderful and then we all headed to the hospital to see the Twins.  This is becoming a very special time in our day.  
Twin Beautiful

Twin Adorable

Twin Adorable is the Elephant in the room decor!

My precious Adorable

Twin Beautiful is the monkey.

Beautiful is so kissable.
 The kids got a little time to hold the babies.  It is so hard because we really want to grab them into our arms and hug and kiss them non stop.  Their little bodies just can't register that right now.  My children have been so good about giving each other turns and trying to make sure that no one feels left out.  Not easy when just one person gets to hold one baby.  One thing I see in every single picture is LOVE.  These babies  are so very loved.
Bear and Jumba watch as Pooker cuddles Twin Adorable

Goobers with Twin Beautiful

Twin B was born second and much smaller but she has been much more alert.  She seams to follow voices and her face is expressive.  

Beautiful

Twin Adorable has to work harder to breath.  We know she will soon be alert and interact like her twin.  That face is still too much for me.  So precious!

Princess getting a first time to hold Twin Adorable.  I think their Adorable will have hair like Princess.  At birth Princess had lots of dark hair just like Adorable.  

 Now to the pictures I could not wait to take.  The babies are bedded in separate beds and that it a new policy.  I am in no place to question it but I do wish they were allowed some time together.  So we grabbed a few shots the two together.
Twin Adorable is on the left and Twin Beautiful is on the right.

I look at them and see nothing but the differences.  I even wonder if they are really identical.Then seeing them together I can see how alike they do look.  I still wonder how alike they will be as they grow.  As Beautiful catches up to Adorable in weight I find they look more and more alike.  Adorable still has thicker hair and Beautiful has a thinner face, BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?????  The Placenta was sent off for study so we will soon know if it was two fused together or truly just one placenta from a set of identical twins.  Either way I just love my little miracles.  
So by looks alone what do you think:   identical or not  ????  

5 comments:

  1. They are lovely. I vote identical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are identical. Look at their hairline--it looks exactly the same on both. plus, they just look the same. I know that they look a bit different because of their expressions, but facial features look the same to me.
    BTW-they are really adorable and beautiful!! They look older than what they are too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to be reminded of that. I agree about the hairline, it is amazingly similar. Thank you , I think they are pretty cute.

      Delete
  3. Dear Shannon,
    I have been praying and praying and praying for you and the girls! They are both so Adorable and Beautiful! Perfect names for perfect babies!
    My heart is singing with joy over these glorious lives that have come to bless our lives!
    I pray you are recovering well. So happy for you all! What a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am much more sore than I ever was before. I had never been so sick in my whole life. I really didn't think I was going to make it through that Saturday. I felt so much better after the surgery. The past week and a half have been very hard. Nor use to this kind of healing. Also trying to work out all that water weight that I gained at the end. It was bad. I am told that each week I will get better, yeah! The babies are doing good. I know this is an answer to prayers. They were so early and really have had so few issues. I can't wait to have healthy babies to show off to my friends. I know it will be awhile, but I look forward to sharing them.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.