Friday, July 2, 2010

I have the answer!

Kids Say the Darnedest Things! Friday Check out some great stories on a blogger friends website by clicking the words above. This is our Friday contributions:

My mom moved out of the house I grew up in last summer. My only issue was that I never got to see the house all cleaned up before she moved. Well as luck would have it the house has not sold. We took a quick trip to St. Louis with the little ones last weekend. I was glad to get a chance to take a quick tour of the house. Mom had accepted an offer so the house will be gone soon. It was sad to see the empty shell of where our memories came from. At the same time our mom is so much more happy in her new home that I am so glad she made the move. Two homes for 11 months has been expensive but worth every penny to see my mom's spirit so alive in her new home.

I was still very glad to tour the home. St. Louis was hot that weekend. This was their 10Th day of 95 degree plus weather. Houston wasn't even that warm. J kept pointing out to me that Houston was having better weather than St. Louis. I kept responding with how long the periods of weather last and how much I miss my family. So as we looked at the new back porch that was added to this home Bagel put her head on the banister and started to cry a little.



All of the sudden she perked up, "I've got the answer!" Bagel exclaimed, "We can buy this house and make it our summer home!"

Bagel is just so cute to think that we want a summer home and that this house would function as such if we were in the market. She just wanted to keep everyone happy. I love that about her.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet! I like that she thinks family memories are even more important than the beach. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.