Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Sunday

OK, I know this is late in the week to still be posting about Easter. "Easter also refers to the season of the church year called Eastertide or the Easter Season. It officially lasts for the fifty days until Pentecost." (Copied from Wikipedia) So it looks like I have fifty days to speak about Easter.



Easter Sunday is the most important day in our year. The first Easter was the most important date in History! One year I even sent out Easter cards instead of Christmas cards. This year I sent neither, sorry.


We had a very busy weekend. I kept putting off busy Easter outfits and paid the price Saturday. J and I were at the grocery store until 10:30pm buying the perfect meal to celebrate Easter. Then I was back at Wal-Mart to finish off outfits. I hit the pillow way after 3am and the bunny woke us up at 7:30. It was a short night. We had our egg hunt, dressed for Mass, stood along the side because Mass was so crowded (yeah!), got some pictures, headed to the park for more pictures, came home to start the perfect meal only to discover that the main dish had mistakenly been put in the freezer. So we ended up at Olive Garden. I was disappointed because the sun was too bright to get good pictures. One of the Texas T's best physical features are our eyes. You can't tell that when we are all squinting. Jason was disappointed because his perfect meal was still frozen.



As we sat at Olive Garden I took the opportunity to glance at my family. They are each incredible. They are all different and unique but all very special. I can only imagine that is how the Father looks at all humanity. He must laugh at our quirkiness but respect our differences. The love that swelled in my heart as I observed my crowd was overwhelming and brought tears to my eyes. If I can love that much even with my multiple imperfections and selfishness, how much more much the Father must love us.

My intention is to continue to try to live out my gratitude to Christ for bearing the result of sin and rising again. If I can only live out the Easter then I have hope of Heaven. All this and heaven . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.