Friday, December 7, 2012

In Mourning over our 10 years in Houston

We have been here for 10 entire years now.  Ugh!  I wish I had more time to post updates on our lives.  I will try to be posting more in the next few days.  We have swamped with life, car troubles, new business issues and the busy season for that business, holiday things on top of our normal busy lives.  
Anyway on December 7th 2002 we packed up our 7 young children and moved them to Houston Texas.  We thought this adventure would last two years maybe three.  I was thrilled with that thought.  
It seams like we hit some sort of time warp and are trapped here forever.  We have gone on to have more children and they are proud to be Texans.  I love this adventure but there are many things I am tired of.  I have wanted to move one for several years.  

Things I don't like in Houston would include the threat of hurricanes,
the constant heat,
 . . . and the traffic!  I HATE the traffic.
So I spent last Friday in Mourning.
I will also not give up hope that someday I will move north!  Don't worry about me though, until I get out I will continue to make the most of it.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss...is that a good response?

    We have snow. I hate snow. I hate winter. We are never happy are we? I do like watching the kids in the snow though, that is the only good thing about the cold and snow.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.