Monday, March 12, 2012

Best use of $15

 I went and made a special trip to the "As Scene on TV" store, thinking I could save on shipping.  They didn't have any.  After two days or so I lost interest and the temperatures dropped.  At Walmart yesterday I saw this crazy thing and decided that I would give it a try.  We didn't want to actually spend the $300 on a screen door because our dogs would scratch it.  Until we get them a pen, I don't want to invest.  Yet I really wanted the fresh air in these Spring days where it might be ward during the day and cool at night.  Years past we would break down and use the air conditioner only to need heat that night. 
 J thought I was crazy when I should him.   I was excited and so were a few of the kids.  They all loved the infomercials.  It really has been a big hit today.  I don't know how long it will last but if we get to keep the air off for a few more days then it will be the best use of $15 in a long time. 
Don't laugh at me until you try.  Some of those infomercials are fun!

2 comments:

  1. My kids LOVE those infomercials and always want me to buy the stuff. I have a few times, and was not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend, Erin, bought it too! They hung it up a year ago during their Easter Dinner. So funny that you just got yours during the same time of year! The Drennons are so good to the kids and me. They never allow me to sit home alone on Christmas Eve or Easter Day if Chris is on-duty and I'm not traveling home to STL. Anyway, we all thought the clicking screen was great! But to be honest, I don't know how long it lasted between their 3 kids and 3 dogs! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.