Friday, February 17, 2012

Week 19.5 - Feeling Lots of Movement

A family friend began talking about how big I am the other day.  I would have been super upset if he had been my husband, but J knows better.  This man was saying that he knows that I am already bigger than I was when I was 9 months along with Jumba.  I don't know if he is right or not but I do feel huge.  When I complain J is very good at either ignoring my comments all together or reminding me that we are having TWO babies this time. 
It is now time for me to be honest.  I am starting to need more and more sleep again.  It isn't nearly as bad as it was in the first trimester and I figure I have about 4 or 5  more weeks until we hit trimester 3, but my energy is leaving me more and more.  So is my need to use the restroom.  Last night I had the most horrible experience in this regard, well at least it was extremely embarrassing.  I was in a very deep sleep.  I don't sleep that hard and haven't for years.  I snore all the time and wake often at night.  I need to potty now but I have had real sleep issues since I was pregnant with Bagel.  So last night I was in this very deep and rare sleep and I woke up soaking wet.  J was out of town and I panicked.  At first I thought my water broke and that started a 2 hour worry fest.  My belly was still hard, full of fluid, I thought and I could feel movement on both sides of the belly.  I didn't have any tightness of pain.  I cleaned up and sat in the bathroom for awhile waiting to see if I would drip any more fluid.  I reached the embarrassing conclusion that during my dream I was using the bathroom and I must have lived that in real life as well.  GREAT, JUST GREAT.  I have two more babies to potty train and mommy, ME!   UGH!  The kids got a kick out of this, I had to tell them why the bed was damp this morning when they tried to cuddle me.   I am now at a point where I am on the toilet or dreaming about it (or both). So now I feel very old and very fat!  Good times! 

All is better each time I feel the babies move.  They are making me so happy just feeling them move around.  I know several on-line blogging moms that have lost  babies the past few weeks and then a good friend here in TX lost one this week.  So sad for us on earth but so wonderful that Heaven has gained these precious souls.  It has had me a little one edge.  With all the movement I have decided that I need to embrace and enjoy the fact that we are being blessed with twins, and each day it looks more and more like they will be healthy.  I am going forward with just enjoying this unique place I am in.  We ordered some funny twin maternity shirts because no matter what happens this is where we are today.  We need to embrace it and enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted twins, til I had my first pregnancy!!! haha!! I do still kind of want them, but know it would be crazy from the moment of conception til about they would the age of ummmmm 6?

    Imagine the doctors thoughts if I, a 42 year old, type 1 diabetic, 6 c-section mama who tends to go early would be pregnant with twins....

    probably not good.

    You are special. You look beautiful. I pray this time goes fast for you. It's long and hard enough with one baby in there!!!

    Love the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! You look great and I'm so glad that you are relishing every minute of your pregnancy! Funny potty story...one you will probably never forget!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.