Saturday, August 6, 2011

Punishment at Spirit party

Practice was underway and dad and I were at home preparing for the party.  We were cutting watermelon when we got the call.  "Mom, you need to get up here right away.  There has been a fight."  I grinned at dad, Bear was in fight I said.  I can't believe it and yet he is a 15 year old young man.  I guess it was bound to happen.  I just hope he wasn't hurt.  "Mom, it wasn't Bear it was Pickle."  What?!?
 
We arrived at the pool upset and a little curious.  Pickle does have a tempter.  We decided before getting there that we would take Pickle home and he would miss the party.  Imagine our surprise wen we arrived to find a dad keeping Bagel away from Pickle.  They were play fighting and then Bagel got hurt for real and lost her temper.  The dad said, "I know they are siblings and I would have let them fight it out except that I thought she was going to KILL him."  The punishment after we learned all the facts was to attend the spirit party holding hands the entire time.  Boy they hated that one.  At least we have not had any more public fights.  Bagel is not to punch her brother any more just like he isn't to punch her. 


Here a group of my kiddos sat to have a pow-wow.  They are a funny group and we all loved the time together even when fighting. 

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome punishment - I'll have to remember that one when I have kids!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.