Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pool Party with Homeschool Friends

To carry over some of the enthusiasm from the conference I invited some home school moms and their kiddos out for a morning at the pool. On August 1 the Snow family and the Westhoff family joined us.  We had a blast. We spent the time comparing notes from the weekend and voicing our plans for the upcoming school year. 
We got out for a lunch of sandwiches and fruit. One of the young ones, just now 6 years old, got out of the pool ad looked down at his shadow. "Hey mom it is about ten minutes after noon, right?" She laughed as she asked him what he was talking about. he very intelligently stated, "According to the size of my shadow I think it must be a little bit after noon." Only home school kids tell time by their shadow of the sun. I wish it was one of my smart kids that was showing off knowledge.











As this last picture points out we moms let the kids play while we enjoyed our conversation.

Here is to friends and to the 2011-2012 school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.