Sunday, October 31, 2010

Helping at Party (and always)

Why is it the Texas T's can't show up and just be at an event. We always end up helping. I was only mildly upset at this party. We loved the lady in charge so the kids offered and she gave them jobs.

We weren't sure we would make this night at all. Last minute putting on costumes while mom and dad disagreed on how the night should work. In the end we all went.
It really is a fun neighborhood tradition. Small little games with little prizes. The cake walk being the favorite.

Not sure what they are looking at but Dad is making a great face. It didn't take long before the older ones offered to help when they saw a stressed out mom running to and from the booths. She did not hestitate in putting them to work.

Often I forget how blessed we are that our college daughter likes to be around her family. Pooker came back from other activities that day to make sure she was here for the little ones. Goobers, Bear and Sugar could have all had high school plans, yet they wanted to be with the family as well. Then they all end up helping all the kids at the event to have fun.
Pickle is at an age where little boys are embarrassed by everything, especially mommy kisses. I am just mean enough to give him extras. Jumba still loves mommy kisses. (I wonder how long that will last?)
Pooker does get her goofy side from her daddy.

In the end even the little ones were helping out.

Everyone helping. Thanks guys. Last week I got a note from a member of the church staff. This was a note to tell me what a blessing it is to be around Pooker, Goobers, Bear and Sugar. This note described their spirits as ones of being in service to those around them. That note has filled me with joy in ways I can't even begin to describe. As Christians our mission is to serve others as Christ served the world. I am blessed that my kiddos get that and always do it with a joyful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.