Monday, November 12, 2007

Prolife Dinner

Pooker got to spend Saturday with her friends setting up the auction and dinner fund raiser for a local pro-life group. She got there about 10:00 in the morning and left about 10:30 in the evening. What a full day she had. I am told that she and her friends worked very hard, enjoyed a good meal and then went right back to work. She felt bad leaving when she did because the work wasn't done.

I must say that I was so jealous dropping them off. My high school and early college days were spent volunteering in some way with various activities of the pro-life movement. I love the atmosphere around a pro-life convention or fund raiser. I was eager to pick them up and get the scoop. They hitched a ride from another mom that went to the dinner. They added a stop in on the way home so I was missing the baby by the time the teens got to me, but it was worth it. They had a good time and I got to quiz them while the evening was still fresh in their minds. I miss those days and am so happy that Pooker and her friends got to give of themselves for such a wonderful cause.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, they clean up pretty good!

    And btw, I think running in snow would be just as unpleasant as running in humidity! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! Pooker has really grown up. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.