Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday and the Carrying of the Cross



Good Friday is the one day we are to without our Lord.  The tabernacle is empty.  We sit and unite ourselves to the cross.  

Our parish has a need tradition for the Veneration of the Cross.  (This is when everyone walks up and kisses the cross.)  They have the seniors from this years high school class dot he honor and the work of bringing the cross in.  Our precious Possible was very honored to do this.  It was beautiful to see.  This young woman never shies away from  any cross, she takes them head on.  I see that in these pictures.





I pray that I can follow her example and lovingly take the cross, all of the crosses in my life, and carry them to the alter.  Thank you Possible for your beautiful example and witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.