Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Another Epic March for Life

 
This year we did not venture off as a family.  Dad and I are so proud of our kids.  They all still wanted to attend the March. We just couldn't swing it this year but they could and did.  With their own funds they got to the March.  Bear flew to St. Louis and joined Fr. Tom and his parish.  Pooker and Goober wanted to travel independently this year.  That had me very nervous but they were determined.  They flew directly into DC, in time for a little sight seeing and the March.  In the end they all handled themselves like adults and got to and from our nation's capital to tell the world that abortion should not be legal. We have raised them to understand the pro-life message but it has been a real treat to see that the cause is theirs. 
 

We were all with them in spirit and missed them terribly. We all want to go next year.
 










Pooker and Goobers marched with our new friends the Kelloggs.  When they first posted this picture I didn't even notice that I had two of my own in the picture.  I so hope that we can all go together next year!
This younger generation will overturn Roe V Wade.  I have been on several Marches over the years and the energy I see coming off the TV screen is so great.  I am so hopeful. 

I got the above picture while watching the March on EWTN.  Bear is actually holding the yellow sign on the right.  You can't see him clearly but it is him.

 
4 of my favorite people in the world in this picture.  Fr. Tom and I celebrate our 25 years of friendship.  We met on the March for Life in 1989.  We sat across from each other on the bus and have been friends ever since.  I know that my own kids are coming back having these same life changing experience.  I could not be more proud.
Hundreds of Thousands of Pro-Lifers March for Life: Mourn 56 Million Abortions
 
I heard the number of people was around 600,000 this year but I can't find it in print.  That is an amazing number considering those close by did not come due to the winter storm that hit the day before. 
 
God bless each of those people that braved the sub-zero wind chill temperatures to defend those souls that they will not meet in this world.  Prayers for a change of heart for our country and prayers for forgiveness for all those involved with this form of murder.  Thank you God for all my pro-life children
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.