Saturday, October 26, 2013

Yard Work

What a pain all the yard work is, especially when you postpone working on it.  Sugar decided that it had been long enough and that she didn't want to wait for her dad to help.  She got everyone involved on Friday.  The goal was to surprise dad when he got home from work.  It got hot that afternoon.  So many ugly pine needles came off the roof and then needed to be raked and bagged.  Not pretty leaves but needles that are ugly to look at and hurt to pick up. Let me also point out that it was hot and humid as well.  (mid 80's I believe - I just love Houston!)
 



Nice break guys - on the roof!




 

Everyone helped and they filled all our trash cans full of needles, then numerous trash bags full of even more needles.  I didn't take a picture of the finished product because the kids planned to decorate the yard with all the Halloween decorations.  When we woke Sunday morning we were without electricity and the yard was again a huge mess.  UGH the storm that rolled in around 5a.m. was such a typical Houston storm with high winds and pounding rains.  My poor kids.  We needed to head back out to clean it up again!


 
We waited until we at least had electricity again, which took hours. Remind me why I live here!?! Oh yeah, my hubby works here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.