Friday, October 11, 2013

Vocation Dinner

 
Our Bear is really discerning the call  to the priesthood within the Catholic Church.  I will be a very proud mother no matter what he decides to do with his life.  I can not say with 100% certainty that my son Bear with become a priest, but I do admire him for his honest discernment.  In my mind it is like dating someone.  I will not say "when you become a priest" at this stage I will still say "if".  That does not mean that I don't support him or back him.  J and I know that he will be a remarkable person and want nothing more than for him to follow God's will for him in his life.  We just don't want to get too excited about this possibility so as to add pressure to this already difficult demanding decision. 
That being said, we were thrilled when he asked if he could attend the "Andrew Dinner" with the Cardinal.  The purpose is too invite young men that are a little interested in a possible priestly call to learn a little more. 
Duncan and several others from St. Anthony Of Padua joined the Cardinal DiNardo for this meal.

One thing that I think is just awesome is that each of these young men were trying to look into God's Plan for their life.  That is cool!  Please join me in praying for Bear's vocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.