Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pickle and Dad go to a Preseason Game

Here in Houston we have so many New Orleans and Louisiana transplants.  Katrina the hurricane sent so many people to our area and then many stayed.  I have many friends that fit this bill so I am not complaining.  It is not uncommon for you to find homes that are huge LSU or SAINTS fans.  I don't know how my son fell in love with the Saints as we have never lived there but he is a huge fan.  We are from St. Louis (well we were - not sure if that is a true statement after 12 years.) but were never really Rams fans.  They came shortly before we moved out and we never built up an undying love for them.  J quickly became a Texan's fan.  I am still waiting (on baited breathe to move somewhere North with a great team) to pick my favorite team.   
Pickle is a huge Saints fan and he create his little devotion table while they play.  So when our friends asked us to if Dad and Pickle wanted to join them for a preseason game I thought these two boys would loose it. 
 
I absolutely love that they got the opportunity to enjoy the game together considering it was a game in which their teams were competing.  It didn't matter who won or who lost it was the fun of the rivalry between father and son that made this so special.  They were the guests of the W's and they were mixed fans as well, making the afternoon all the more exciting. 
In the end Saint win 31 to 23. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.