Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Big Kid Adventure (Vacation post 4)

One of the major reasons for a January trip to St. Louis was at the request of Fr. Tom. We have been the best of friends for 23 years. We met after being seated across from each other on a bus ride for the March for life. He called this November and insisted that it was time to take the four older kids on a March. They are very pro-life and have always wanted to go. In fact Pooker went when she was 9 years old. Fr. Tom felt that it would be a perfect time considering Bear and Sugar will be Confirmed in a few months and that Goobers was Confirmed last year. As said before this is a hard time for our family financially, January after Christmas is always tight. I instructed the kids to earn their spending money. Through the generosity of friends my kiddos set out to work. They earned their spending money and money for warm clothes and supplies. The top picture was mine the rest I took from the kiddos. I won't even try to explain the pictures as I was not there. All I can say is that I am very very very very proud of my kiddos and very thankful to Fr. Tom. The reports are that the kiddos had a wonderful time, except for the time when they got sick. My children also had the pleasure of meeting new friends (ironically two of them are the daughter and son of a friend I met years ago through pro-life connections) that I suspect they will be close to for the rest of their lives. Most importantly they stood up to be counted as Americans that want our laws to protect all people those born and those not yet born!

















“You have been, have become and remain the genuine leaders and pioneers of this March for Life and this vigil Liturgy. To the astonishment of nature, of the chattering classes and of disinterested and jaded media, you have continuously come forward here and throughout the places where you live to be unflagging witnesses to the inestimable worth of each human person.” encouraged Cardinal DiNardo the Archbishop of Galveston-Houston during the Homily in Washington D.C.
Pooker, Goobers, Bear and Sugar you are genuine leaders! We
are proud of you and love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.