Monday, January 12, 2009

My baby started school today!

11:00 p.m. 1-12-09
A little first day update:
I got a text from her 10:34, which was about 1 hour after her first classes ended and just before her second class started stating,
"I love this!"

We picked her up around 3:30 and she was sitting on the bench with her new computer already working on homework. Later in the evening Pooker took Goobers and Bear with her to buy some school supplies. She worked hard on her math work trying to get it all finished knowing that she would be working the next day. I would say it is off to a good start. I am sure it will have it's ups and downs but equally sure that she will succeed. Thanks for the prayers.


7:30 a.m. 1-12-09
I know that this is an odd post considering my baby is 17 1/2. Pooker starts at community college this morning. No words of wisdom, no tears, and no school uniform.
I was able to grab this very quick shot and it wasn't so much "let's capture this moment" as it was, "Get out of my way, I am running late!" Good luck Pooker, Do your best! Mom and Dad are proud of you.

2 comments:

  1. So cool! John starts CC next week but he's only taking one class this semester. We're hoping to have him going full time by the fall semester. Good luck Pooker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Have fun and learn a lot on your first day!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.