Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Celebrating the Best Husband EVER!

J and I are not perfect. We married way too young without the Grace of the sacrament. It was minister that made us legally wed. We wanted to make it right so we talked with a priest and had the marriage blessed. Where does that leave us 22 years later? Often confused about when to celebrate our day. Which day? We must use the legal date because that is what is legally recorded. Was our marriage only blessed after the date or does God Bless the entire thing???? I don't know. Often in Houston with the NEVER ENDING HEAT, I don't care if we celebrate at all. Both dates are in the hot months.
Then the other day I realized that the next day was the anniversary of the blessing. No gift planned for J. We did not have dinner plans.  I was not even sure if we should even bring it up after all these years. The next morning the doorbell rang with this beautiful delicious bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries.
God has blessed me with a wonderful man. Even when things don't make sense to me, he knows how to put them in their place. This form of celebrating was not huge it was simple. It was something that I love and something we could share with all the kiddos.
Theologically I don't know what date is the date! What I do know is that I got very lucky and I would do it again in a heart beat. I love you J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.