Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Too Much Heat

I can't even go out to swim.  It is just too dang hot.  I remember a few weeks back when the entire country was complaining.  At the time I was thinking, "it is about time they feel what we have been dealing with for two months already."  Fast forward to the middle of August and the rest of the country has had relief.  Not the Houston area.  Dallas is still hot but they have had a little rain on and off.  Is it wrong to ask for a hurricane to hit to change the forecast before we die of boredom? 
I am blessed to have great kids that seam to enjoy life no matter what.  I used to be that way.  This heat has driven it out of me.  I know complain, complain, complain is all I do.  I am sorry. 

I hope that these very very very high temps will break soon.  It is hard on everything when it doesn't even cool off after dark.  I keep praying for a miracle.  I want to move north so much.  J doesn't have the desire or push that I do to get to a cooler climate.  I hope he will at least follow me when I decide enough is enough.  Until then I will be hidden inside my air conditioned home. 
One more week of life guarding and then the local public schools start up, this will shut down the pools during the days and leave my kiddos out of work.  I hope that we can take the first week to play a little, maybe a museum or two.  The last week of the month we will start the school year.  It will be an intense year with lots of work. 

I am confidant that they are up to it.  With these temps I should look for a job myself to cover the cost of our electric bills.  Wow, I hope this doesn't last too much longer.  Well the next 7 days don't look promising . . .

No rain in the forecast and temps over 100, fun times.  I can't even begin to think about the "feels like" temp.  I know that this isn't the first heat wave and drought to hit this area.  I just hope and pray that it is my last summer in this extreme Texas heat.  I guess I should go buy a lotto ticket so I can make my dreams come true and buy a nice resort some where north (or to at least to be able to pay the electric).

Thank you dear heavenly Father, for all the blessing that you have given to me.  We are all so thankful that J has a job and makes enough money for me have time to dream of cooler places while keeping cool in the pool or in the air conditioning.  We thank you for the health of all our children.  We thank you for their love and their wonderful outlooks on life.  Please help me to be a better mother to them, to be a good teacher this school year and to be a loving wife that doesn't hold her weather woes against her husband. 

Your loving (but warm) servant,

Neen. 

PS if you could send some rain our way that would be wonderful!


1 comment:

  1. Aw, Shannon. I'm praying for your Houstonians. I know you've got to be miserable. And that doesn't mean you aren't appreciative of your air conditioning...J''s job...your super cooperative kiddos.

    The heat is just brutal. This summer about did me in...last summer was hot too, but not for so long and as high of temps.

    I know what you mean about the break in heat...it totally changed my attitude. The rain and cool temps (we will definitely take 90!) brought so much relief.

    Saying prayers that this heat wave breaks soon for everyone affected by this weather down there!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.